Health Professional Academy
Over the last week we have been taking a look at the Health Professional Academy which is a free learning platform for a number of health professionals, offering eLearning courses and CPD (continuing professional development) modules including antenatal, postnatal and paediatric education, which are grouped into three areas: Mum & Baby, Child Health and Pharmacy.
These modules are free to use and are available online 24-7 – once each module has been completed you can then download or print off your certificate.
Here are the Unique Selling Points:
· They offer free, certiﬁed CPD accreditation which counts towards your re-validation, as well as a wealth of additional learning resources.
· The learning community is made up of 11,000 registered users and supported by a social community of 20K+.
· Their learning content is designed by experts – working collaboratively with HCPs and leading academics .
· They understand the importance of the learning experiences; as such, they have developed an experience with the audience in mind. It’s learning that can be done on the-go, at a time that suits, in a variety of engaging formats.
· A learning community from the team that know women and their babies best – it is the sister company to Emma’s Diary and Families. All health information included in the learning modules and resources comply with UK government guidelines.
The Mum & Baby module is designed especially for midwives, doulas, GPs, gynaecologists, maternity staff, neonatologists and obstetricians.
The Child Health module is for children’s nurses, GPs, health visitors, nursery nurses, paediatricians and school nurses.
The Pharmacy module is for pharmacists, pharmacy assistants and pharmacy technicians.
Myself, having worked in the childcare industry for over 15 years as a private maternity nurse and sleep trainer, I chose to take the Mum & Baby CPD modules to see how much I could learn. There are over 20 modules available to take from infant skincare, breastfeeding, colic, car safety and c-section healing.
I really enjoyed the updated research on sleep positions – highlighting the top tips for the health of mum and baby, this interstingCPD module discusses the possible link between sleep position and risk of late still birth and has a very interesting clinical review to read.
To take a module, you click on the button that says learn and register your details with them. You will be given content to study and read through on the subject which you have chosen. You will then be asked to complete the on-line assessment.
This is a fantastic free facility which covers a wide range of topics and is a useful service for mothers and professionals alike. For myself as a mother and having worked with new mothers and babies I would highly recommend taking some of these modules to just refresh and increase your knowledge. It really is a wonderful resource which you can complete in your own time. As parents life can get very busy but with this being online the courses can be fitted in as and when you need them. Fantastic!
Posted by: Nikki Wood | Posted on: July 17, 2019 | Posted in: HEALTH & WELLBEING