Just 10 minutes off the M1, close to Northampton and Milton Keynes is the beautiful Billing Aquadrome set in 235 acres of countryside in the Nene Valley. It is the perfect place to have a UK staycation.
We visited during half term and had a blast! There was lots to do there including: Crazy golf, an indoor swimming pool and a fairground and arcades. There are also kid’s activities taking place in the mornings such as nature trails and arts and crafts.
There is plenty going on in the great outdoors, there’s a fishing lake, multiple outdoor play areas and Billing Beach, which is perfect for little ones to enjoy. It is the perfect spot to get in your 10,000 steps a day with so many beautiful areas to explore.
With lots of different choices of accommodation, there is something for everyone.
Stroll up. Set up. And settle down into a little luxury. These exclusive lodges give you, your family and your friends a stunning place to get away to in the English countryside. With plenty of creature comforts to boot.
- Make more room for you, family and friends, These holiday homes are available with two or three double bedrooms.
- Visit around the year. A beautiful winter getaway, a place to come and fish, and a terrace for late-night barbeques in the summer. It’s up to you.
Billing Aquadrome has won the David Bellamy Conservation Gold Award for the work done to protect and enhance the natural environment.
- Don’t forget your pets. Don’t like to leave the dog at home? Many areas of the park are pet friendly, so the whole family can come for the adventure.
With plots for one to four-man tents, there’s space for everyone. Choose from several pitch options:
- All-size camping pitches
- Standard pitches
- Grass standing pitches
Glamping Pods (cheating way of camping!)
Each of the pods include:
- 13-amp socket
- Interior light
- Exterior entrance light
- Natural light and air via small window
- Panel heater for those chilly nights
- Double-glazed glass panelled door with multi-lock
- Insulated timber walls
- Soft vinyl floor
- Outside recreation area
- Pitched roof
- Space to sleep two adults and two children – All you need to bring are sleeping bags and mattresses.
The glamping pods at Billing Aquadrome are eco-friendly and have a low carbon footprint. Each has a glass-panel door and window to let in natural light.
We would recommend you take your bikes, which is a great way to explore the vast site. There is lots to do for kids aged 3-8, and the wildlife is superb, we were so lucky to see lots of baby ducks and nesting swans.
They have an on-site pub “the Willow” and “the Venue” which has the swimming pool and offers a pub style menu- be prepared to wait though for food as it was very busy.
There is a Nisa shop which sells almost everything you can think of, the little shop does delicious hot breakfast cobs and there is a launderette incase you need to do a quick wash and dry.
- Northampton has some great places near by which include:
- Rushden lakes- lovely outdoor shopping complex with vast lakes
- Boost- Trampoline park
You can also head in Milton Keynes, and Bicester Village is not too far if you want to stock up on some designer goods.
Posted by: Sarah Dixon | Posted on: July 12, 2021 | Posted in: TRAVEL